You’re in the market for a new mattress for your bed. Just to warn you, this isn’t something one can accomplish in a day – finding the right mattress for your sleeping health is necessary if you want to experience the waking hours fresh and with lots of energy. You will literally have to test beds the way people look at cars – you will study them and ask questions, until you ultimately decide. If you are eco-minded, however, you can narrow down the search by concentrating on finding an organic mattress for your home.
Why is an organic mattress best for the master bedroom? Here are five reasons to ponder as you go shopping.
1) They are constructed of all natural components. Eco-mattresses are primarily comprised of organic cotton rather than polyester, and natural latex instead of petroleum foam. Regular bedding may also contain chemical-based batting and foam full of harmful toxins that aren’t good for you whether sleeping or awake.
2) They offer health benefits. Many problems we experience, from fatigue and insomnia to depression and even obesity is tied to our sleeping habits. The better we sleep, the more refreshed we are in the morning, and we regain good health.
3) Price really isn’t a dealbreaker. When you consider the price of a regular mattress alongside the environmentally friendly alternative, the difference isn’t that much. Some organic mattresses, too, a priced below high end models like Tempur Pedic, and you get the same sleep quality.
4) They last. Some people may flip mattresses every few years to get the most out of using them. With a quality eco-friendly mattress, that isn’t necessary. You’ll find it remains firm for a long time.
5) It is the right thing to do for your family. We need to be conscious of the world around us and what we leave behind. Buying green products for the home is a great way to reduce your carbon footprint and set a great example for your children.
Keep an eye out for organic mattresses as you shop for new sleeping arrangements. It is the healthy choice, for you and the planet.