Fleet management software can include a number of functions, such as vehicle maintenance, vehicle tracking and diagnostics, driver management, fuel management and health & safety management.
Programs such as TATEMS Fleet Maintenance Software and FastMaint CMMS software allow fleet managers to keep track of and record maintenance records in an easy to use database.
Some of the more newest trucks even allow remote diagnostics of mechanical and electrical systems.
vehicle tracking software with gps units will track trucks and trailers of fleets for security and logistical management.Giving fleet managers exact locations for all of their rolling stock.
Fuel management is a critical area for today’s fleet operations.fuel optimization software reduces these decisions to a fraction of a second. Even better, by integrating this software with mobile communications and dispatch systems, planning and executing optimized fuel purchases can become an automated process.Fuel optimization software helps improve driver compliance with a fleet’s fuel plan because every dispatch is accompanied by a route as well as the designated fuel stop and volume purchase information.
Driver management software deals with Driver Qualification, Alcohol and Drug testing, HOS, Accident Tracking, Training Record keeping, Driver Hiring and Recruitment, or Background Checks, Driver management software has the capabilities to streamline your driver management procedures to help you successfully maintain safety and compliance throughout your entire organization.
Drivers log management software programs are available to assist employers in attempting to ensure that drivers are obeying regulations set by both governmental agencies and state dot regulations.These programs can check some or all of the following.
- Missing logs for a specific time period
- A summary of all violations of Federal or company policy including speed violations, violations of hour and day work rules
- Summary reports indicating miles driven, hours worked, average speed and average distance
- Comparison of driver log summary data for 24 hour and 7 day (or 8 day) rule with the actual log graph and a summary of the indicated errors
- Comparison of miles driven against actual driving time as recorded in the log to ensure that mileage appears to be accurate
- Company totals for all drivers indicating percentage of compliance over a given time period
- Vehicle utilization records (Hours utilized by specific vehicle for a given time period)
- Team driver interactions